Monday, December 19, 2016

CHRISTMAS EVERY DAY – The Bucket List Book

CHRISTMAS EVERY DAY – The Bucket List Book

Okay, so you’ve probably all heard the saying, “If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?”


As we go through this Christmas season, I think we would all recognize that part of what we love about this time of year, is all of the effort and extra lengths we go to in order to recognize and give to others.  These are simple things we may do throughout the year, but which are magnified during this Holiday season when we seem to be filled with a little bit more of a giving and charitable spirit.

I well remember the joy of getting presents as a young boy, and the happiness I felt.  I thought that nothing could be better than receiving all those gifts on Christmas morning.  But as I grew older and began raising children of my own, I realized that I felt much more joy and satisfaction in seeing the delight and excitement in my own children as the opened the gifts I was giving to them.  In truth, the joy of giving is much greater than the joy of receiving.



Why do you think that is?  Why is it that the satisfaction is so much more deep and meaningful in heartfelt giving, rather than receiving?

I think part of the answer lies in that fact, that when we give, we draw closer to the Ultimate Giver of All Good Gifts, even the Lord Jesus Christ, whose miraculous birth, exemplary life, boundless and timeless teachings, and infinite Atonement are the source of all good things of light and truth in our lives.

So as we emulate that same spirit of giving, (not because we are expecting anything in return, but just because we want to show our love to others and how much they mean to us), we come to know and recognize His great gifts to us in more deep and meaningful ways ourselves.

That is part of why I started writing this blog.  Initially, it began as a simple way to share some funny thoughts, stories from my childhood, or ponderings about life.  But as I found myself writing about my life, I began to realize more clearly how the Lord’s hand and guiding and protective influence was woven through everything I had done.  I began to see parallels between what was happening in my life and the grand and eternal truths of His gospel, not only as evidence of His existence, but also in how deeply and personally He cares about each and every one of us.  And as I began to recognize His hand more regularly in these blog postings, I was moved to share more of His message and truths with others… to pass along the gift so to speak.

And I can honestly say, that as I have done so, I have felt a deeper joy and happiness, just like I did when I was focused on the giving of gifts, instead of just receiving them.  That is one of the reasons I have never attached advertisements to my blog site or any of its posts.

Now for the bucket list part… and how does this all tie into Christmas Every Day?  Well, I have been a hobby writer for years now.  Actually I have written at least 5 full novel-length manuscripts, all of which are fictional but have an underlying spiritual or religious theme to them.  Most of them are sitting in various stages of rough draft or revision, with time and lack of attention relegating them to the back-burners of my life for some time now.

But just recently, within the last few weeks, I had the strong and sudden impression and prompting that I needed to review and submit on of my stories for actual publication, and that book is called “The Second Christmas”


So, I digitally dusted it off so to speak, made some review revisions, and then submitted it for publication.  As result, as of Dec. 15th, just 4 days ago, it is now listed and available for purchase on Amazon.com!

It is purposely written as a short novel, to allow its message to be provided at a more affordable cost, as well as to allow a broader scope of readers to experience its story. Whether you are an avid or occasional reader with less time to invest, this "short novel" format was intentional to allow more people the opportunity to experience its message or to be able to share it with others.

As I submitted it and heard back that it was ready for publication and sale, I honestly had no aspirations for making money or to receive any personal notice or recognition.  In fact, purposely didn’t include an author biography or anything like that.  My intent was simply to share the Gift of the message that the story contains, and I got down on my knees and told the Lord so and left it in His hands.

Since then, I have felt prompted to create a Facebook page and do some minor promotion to help spread that message through simple digital and social marketing means.  Again, not for any motivation than to share the message of the story.  And that is why I am writing this blog about it as well.  Not only to say that I can check it of my “Bucket List”, but also to have another means to share the story with others, in hopes that it might benefit for inspire them in some way, as any of my other blog posts may occasionally do.

It is a short story, with a bit of emotion wrapped into it, which follows the fictionally created lives of two actual characters from the Bible, who lived at the time of Jesus.  As the back book cover states:


I hope you will enjoy it yourself as well as want to share its message of Christ's love with others. It is a message not only for Christmas, but applicable for every day of the year.

If you are interested in checking it out, please go to: The Second Christmas by Eric Andreasen


If you are moved by or like the story, then please share it with others and give it a positive rating on the Amazon site - (pass the gift along and share it with others).  For me, it is all about nothing more than sharing the Gift that is Jesus Christ, and all that He has to offer us in the way of Peace, Joy and Happiness in this life, and unimaginable blessings in the life yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment